Premiers gaming lounge- a place of excitement and entertainment!
Ride the thrill of achieving that elusive jackpot by trying your luck at any one of the 200 poker machines available within the premiers gaming lounge.
There is a range of the latest in gaming technology and denominations including;
- Lightning Link
- Dragon Link
- Bull Rush
- Golden Strike
- Choy’s Kingdom
- Cash Express
- Grand Globes
- Dollar Storm
To enhance the experience inside the premiers gaming lounge there is a dedicated KENO lounge.
Lions@springwood offer members and guest the convenience of using our Cardit card based gaming payout system.
Your Cardit funds can be used to play in the gaming room with your card correctly inserted into one of our gaming machines.
Alternatively, you can withdraw the funds from one of our Cash Redemption Terminals or use it to spend throughout the venue
Join our Premiers Rewards Program & take advantage of all the additional benefits on offer.
Lions@springwood is committed to providing all aspects of alcohol and gaming service in a professional and responsible manner as well as actively supporting the promotion and encouragement of responsible gambling.
LIONS@springwood is conscious of its aims and objectives in the development of this Policy. In addition, it seeks to adopt a responsible stance to the issue of problem gambling in
the community. In particular, LIONS@springwood has responded to:
- Customer concerns in relation to the impact of problem gambling and its potential to affect the good name of LIONS@springwood
- The impact that gambling and in particular problem gambling has on the ability of LIONS@springwood to raise funds in order to fulfil its role in the community
- The duty of care responsibility that LIONS@springwood must display in its fund-raising activities particularly toward those members of the broader community who may have a
Through the adoption of this Responsible Gaming Policy LIONS@springwood displays a commitment toward the goal of lessening the harmful effects that gambling, particularly problem gambling, may have on customers of LIONS@springwood and on those in the broader community.
The reference documents for the Responsible Gambling Policy are the:
- Gaming Machine Act 1991
- Liquor Act 1992
- Queensland Responsible Gambling Code of Practice
Section 1 A of the Amendment of the Gaming Machine Act 1991 states:
- The object of this Act is to ensure that, on balance, the State, and the community as a whole benefit from gaming machine gambling.
- The balance is achieved by allowing gaming machine gambling subject to a system of regulation and control designed to protect players and the community through —
(a) ensuring the integrity and fair and fairness of games; and
(b) ensuring the probity of those involved in the conduct of gaming machine gambling.
(c) minimising the potential for harm from gaming machine gambling.
The Guiding Principle of the Queensland Responsible Gambling Code of Practice states:
- The Queensland Responsible Gambling Code of Practice is based on shared commitment by gambling industry providers to the guiding principle of ethical and responsible behaviour.
- This principle recognises the importance of customers’ wellbeing with the focus on minimising the potential harm of gambling. In addition, customers’ rights to privacy arerespected.
The goals of the Responsible Gambling Policy are to:
- Manage potential harm associated with gambling by creating a responsible gambling environment
- Educate and inform customers, supporters and employees, about the potential harm associated with gambling
- Create an awareness of the significant benefits that will arise where customers, supporters and employees assist [LIONS@springwood] in its endeavours to minimise the potential harm associated with gambling
- Ensure compliance with the Charitable and Non-Profit Gaming Act 1999 and the Queensland Responsible Gambling Code of Practice.
What is Problem Gambling?
Problem gambling exists when gambling activity results in a range of adverse consequences
- the safety and/or well-being of gambling customers and/or their families and friends are
placed at risk; and/or
- Negative impacts extend to the broader community.
Potential Harmful Effects of Problem Gambling
Some potential harmful effects of problem gambling on individuals and the community are:
- Personal—stress, depression and anxiety, poor health, suicide
- Work and study—job loss, absenteeism, and poor performance
- Financial—financial hardships, debts, asset losses, bankruptcy
- Legal—theft, fraud, scams
- Interpersonal—domestic violence, relationship breakdown, family neglect
- Community services—pressure on charities and the public purse
Responsible Gambling Information
LIONS@springwood will make available responsible gambling information at the point of sale of the various fund-raising activities including signage on the potential harm
associated with gambling and information on where to get help for gambling-related problems. This information is for use by customers, supporters and employees. It is to be prominently displayed.
All Duty Managers of LIONS@springwood are trained as Customer Liaison Officer and work with management in gambling and gambling-related issues. They also ensure the communication between customers, supporters and employees on gambling-related issues.
Financial Transactions Policy
LIONS@springwood will not locate ATMs in designated gambling areas or in the entry to designated gambling areas where safe and practical. The club will not extend credit for the purpose of gambling under any circumstances. The club will not cash Personnel cheques.
A maximum cash limit for payouts applies and reflects the agreed maximum amount approved by the Queensland Office of Gaming Regulation and Jupiter’s Gaming for keno for the club. If the winning amount is greater than this limit, either the whole amount can be paid by cheque or paid partly in cash to the maximum limit with the balance of the payout paid by cheque. Any cheque for winnings will not be cashed by the club until the next trading day and then only by prior arrangement.
Maximum Cash Payout Limits are:
Gaming Machines: $5,000
Advertising and Promotion Policy
LIONS@springwood will ensure that any advertising or promotion for fund-raising
- complies with the Advertising Code of Ethics as adopted by the Australian Association of National Advertisers
- is not false, misleading or deceptive
- does not implicitly or explicitly misrepresent the probability of winning a prize
- does not give the impression that gambling is a reasonable strategy for financial betterment
- does not include misleading statements about odds, prizes or chances of winning
- does not offend prevailing community standards
- is not implicitly or explicitly directed at sales to minors or vulnerable or disadvantaged groups
- does not involve any irresponsible trading practices
- does not depict or promote the consumption of alcohol while engaged in the activity of fund-raising
- has the consent of the person before publishing or causing to be published anything that identifies a person who has won a prize, and
- where appropriate, positive responsible gambling messages are incorporated in advertising and promotion.
LIONS@springwood will review the Responsible Gaming Policy on a regular basis and implement changes as reasonably necessary to comply with relevant legislation and aims to manage problem gambling.